The Hindenburg. The Titanic. The 2016 Census.
All terrible disasters that should never have happened.
But 9 months later, the census data has finally burst screaming into this world, and hey, it’s kinda fun to check out.
Quite a bit has been revealed about Townsville in particular, so take a cheeky squiz at some of the data and see where you lie.
- 49.8% male; 50.2%female
- Average age is 33, which is lower than the state (37 years) and national (38 years)
- 40, 423 families live in the region
- Average of 1.9 children per family
- A total of 68,458 private dwellings
- Median weekly household income $1,392
- Median monthly mortgage repayments $1, 733
- Median weekly rent $295
- Highest level of education (tertiary/university) is 17.4%, which is higher than state (14.8%) and national (16.1%)