Not content with making history yesterday, Scott McLaughlin has gone and done it again.
The Shell V-Power Racing driver has smashed his own lap record to secure pole position for tomorrow's Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000.
The Kiwi was last out of the garage for his hot lap and ran wide into the dirt at the top of the mountain as he pushed his Ford Falcon to the limits.
But it didn't matter.
McLaughlin lowered yesterday's time by laying down a 2:03.8312.
The naysayers would've said it couldn't be done after David Reynolds bettered his own best lap with an impressive 2:04.2746.
It meant McLaughlin would have to break his own lap record.
And that's exactly what he did.
McLaughlin gave it more than enough jandal to ensure he'll start right at the front with co-driver Alex Premat for tomorrow's Great Race.
Prodrive stablemates Mark Winterbottom and Chaz Mostert will share the second row in 3rd and 4th.
Defending Virgin Australia Supercars Champion Shane van Gisbergen will start from 5th.
Armor All Top 10 Shootout
1 Scott McLaughlin Shell V-Power Racing Team 2:03.8312
2. David Reynolds Erebus Penrite Racing 2:04.2746
3. Mark Winterbottom The Bottle-O Racing Team 2:04.4988
4. Chaz Mostert Supercheap Auto Racing 2:04.5875
5. Shane Van Gisbergen Red Bull Holden Racing Team 2:04.6688
6. Cameron Waters Monster Energy Racing 2:04.6802
7. Fabian Coulthard Shell V-Power Racing Team 2:04.9693
8. Jason Bright MEGA Racing 2:05.2277
9. Garth Tander Wilson Security Racing GRM 2:05.3261
10. James Courtney Mobil 1 HSV Racing 2:05.4890
Triple M Rocks Bathurst thanks to Rheem - Australia's favourite in hot water.