Hittin the Bruce this holiday season? Well you’re in need of some road trip games then.
We all know the classics (like ‘Car Cricket… I made 99 once…great day) but here’s some fresh games to spice up your long drive.
‘While you were sleeping’
This involves you having to create the most believable story when someone falls asleep
- First, a passenger must fall asleep (if you’re heading North and your passenger’s anything like me they’ll be well asleep by the time you hit Frosty Mango).
- After five minutes of slumber, the awake passengers begin creating a story.
- Each person takes turns adding to the story.
(Example: You wouldn’t believe it but a Croc and five babies crossed the highway just out of Tully. When we stopped the car to wait for them to cross we noticed sitting in the car behind us was Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus! When they overtook us we gave em a wave! It was epic!)
- Once the passenger wakes up, you have to get them to believe the story.
- If somebody breaks character, they lose a point.
- If somebody goes off script, you ask, "Are you sure?" and then that person is silenced and loses two points.
- If you successfully fool the person, each storyteller wins three points.
- If the sleeping passenger fools the car and joins their story correctly, they steal their current point total
- The one with the most points at the destination wins
‘The Movie Game’
Connect actors through the movies they’ve starred in.
- The game starts with an actor/actress.
- The next person has to say a movie that they were in.
- The following person has to state another actor/actress from that movie.
- It continues on.
- If someone is incorrect, they have to sit out the next round
- Elijah Wood
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Orlando Bloom
- Pirates of the Caribbean
‘Cows on My Side’
You’ve gotta yell out when you see a cow!
- When you see a cow on your side of the road, you have to yell, "Cows on my side!"
- Every time you call a cow, you get a point.
- If you see cows on the other side you say, "Cows on your side!"
- If you call, "Cows on your side," before the person sees them, you steal a point.
- If anyone sees a cemetery they scream, "Ghost cow," stealing all the other side's points.
Enjoy and safe travels!